Wednesday, July 05, 2006

It's like Christmas in July

Oh boy, oh boy, I am like an adolescent who has just scored a copy of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. Into my hot little hands has just been delivered the brand-new July-August double issue of the Harvard Business Review.

And it's all about sales. Yes! Forget about the capitalization analyses, human resource studies and industrial process deconstruction you're used to seeing in HBR. Now we get the good stuff.

It seems that sales is the hardest business area to study and model in an academic sense. Yet thinking of it as a black art has hindered the effort to improve sales effectiveness more than anything else I can think of.

I look forward to scanning every diagram, reading every word, and reporting my findings right here.

, ,

0 comments: