Thursday, February 08, 2007

Dave Stein recommends "Exceptional Selling"

Dave Stein, one of my selling and marketing mentors, recently reviewed the book "Exceptional Selling," by Jeff Thull, president of Prime Resource Group. [You can download the first chapter free from the Prime Resource website.]

Says Dave:

Most books on selling are cookbooks of selling process.
Exceptional Selling differs in two ways. First, it explains as much “why” as “what,” examining the psychology of selling. Second, it focuses on the conversation between buyer and seller, reflecting the cultural changes in selling resulting from socio-economic and technological changes in today’s business world.


I haven't read the book yet, but I did take a sales course from Jeff Thull a few years ago. I found his methodology and approach very effective and different, as Dave observes. Some of the things I learned in Jeff's course are discussed in this post.

, , ,

0 comments: