Thursday, June 14, 2007

A Travel Power-Site You Should Know About

Serendipity is a beautiful thing. I was trying to book some travel for next week, and was having trouble finding a reasonable itinerary. Then I stumbled upon a podcast David Weinberger did with the founder of a travel site called kayak.com. David was very complimentary of the site, so I logged on.

And it's terrific. Kayak aggregates data from airline websites and other aggregators like Orbitz and Cheap Tickets, so it has the largest collection of airline reservation information I've seen in one place. Plus the user interface is very easy, fast to load, and allows for lots of filtering and "what ifs." Who would've thought there was more room for innovation in travel sites?

I've now said "bon voyage" to Orbitz. You may want to, as well.

0 comments: