Saturday, December 09, 2006

Another inspiring thought from Dr. Yunus

Mr. Muhammad Yunus, the 2006 Nobel Peace Prize winner, is interviewed in today's New York Times.

I was struck in particular by how he answered a question about the increasing number of college-educated Bangladeshis, in part created by Grameen Bank scholarship programs. How do you deal with the situation, he is asked, where there may be more college graduates than jobs available to employ them?

My response [to students who worry about this question] is: “...Yes, I understand your position, but I have a different view. As Grameen Bank children, you should have your...own pledge about your life. And the pledge you make, you repeat every morning: I shall never ask for a job from anybody. I will create jobs.”

, , , , ,

0 comments: